The GVP HR Product & Technology reports to Charter/Company's Chief Product & Technology Officer and leads the human resource strategy for this ambitous and growing organization, which spans creative, technical, business and operational functions.
As a member of the Product & Technology executive team, the GVP HR excels at building influential relationships and creating strategies to maximize organizational performance while fostering a positive and collaborative work environment. As a trusted advisor to the Chief Product & Technology Officer and his leadership team, this leader will drive a forward-thinking HR strategy to foster talent and strengthen the organization by delivering a compelling work experience to a diverse and geographically distributed team. A champion of diverse and inclusive teams, the leader will create and maintain cross-departmental relationships, processes, communication and accountability to ensure the team is unified in the execution of its vision. In partnership with Corporate HR and HR Centers of Excellence, the leader will provide strategic guidance to clearly link HR policies to business outcomes. Additionally, the GVP HR will work with Finance and Corporate Real Estate to assist in the management of facilities/space, budget and planning across many sites within the United States.
- Lead the Human Resources function supporting approximately 3,000 employees within Product & Technology.
- Provide executive-level leadership for HR Business Partner teams supporting Product, Digital Platforms, IT, Engineering, Mobile, and Business Development.
- Provide leadership, coaching and consultation to senior leaders on HR initiatives in the areas of: organizational design, talent development, diversity and inclusion plans, communication, succession planning, compensation, recognition, employee relations, engagement, retention and performance.
- Manage a team of 21 located across Charter Corporate office locations (including Denver, St Louis, Stamford and Charlotte) where the majority of employees in Product and Technology are based.
- Develop strong working relationships at all levels of the organization, serving as an advisor to the leadership team for employee relations issues and handling complex employee relations issues to drive positive outcomes and mitigate legal risk.
- Develop or administer people-related communications programs, policies and procedures, and compensation/benefits information.
- Analyze and evaluate the retention, performance and workforce productivity of the employee base identifying root causes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Facilitate and support performance management, merit planning and employee surveys within the enterprise-wide framework and process.Partner with HR leadership and provide input on development of, as well as ensure alignment and compliance with, enterprise-wide HR policies, procedures, programs and guidelines.
- Develop, manage and monitor HR budget / forecast.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADAAA to minimize risk/exposure to the company and coordinate all required compliance activities in partnership with Legal Department.
- Direct all employment activities for regular and temporary (contractor) positions.
- Represent the Company in human resources related legal matters including EEO cases.
- Demonstrated success as a Human Resources leader.
- Proven experience transforming large technically-oriented organizations.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Able to work autonomously on all aspects of executing responsibilities of the position.
- Business and financial acumen to effectively align HR with organization goals.
- Ability to create innovative concepts, products, and ideas.
- Effective judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Strong leadership skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail, and proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to successfully interact with corporate and field leadership.
- Ability to execute strategically and tactically across the organization.
- Ability to effectively gain the trust of multiple stakeholders across the company, while able to identify opportunities that add value to the company.
- Must possess a high level of intelligence; imagination in approach to problem solving; integrity in action (doing what is right); and innovative and intellectually curious.
- 15+ years human resource generalist experience in multi-state environment.
- Senior level management experience.
- Knowledge of benefit regulations and all laws pertaining to compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of laws regarding employment and OSHA.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business, or organizational behavior or related field; Masters of Science degree in organization design/development, human resource management or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.