The Group Leader III is responsible for serving as a single point of contact for customers with loans in mediation within a call center. The Group Leader III will also provide training to newly hired employees in the call center.
This is not a remote position. Once offices re-open, this person will be expected to sit onsite at our Crosspoint location in Getzville, NY
- Support and communicate with legal, loss mitigation and underwriting.
- Liaise with customers via phone regarding the loss mitigation and foreclosure process.
- Lead new hire training and one on one training for new hired Loss Mitigation Liaisons in the call center.
- Document team processes, provide on the job training, and research and resolve highly specialized and/or sensitive issues for the work team.
- Liaise with first line risk and second line of defense personnel with respect to customer issues. Research and resolve complex internal and external customer issues.
- Serve as department lead for special projects impacting the work team.
- Provide reporting to work team leadership and prepare monthly departmental reporting for management.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Works under minimal supervision. Internal contacts include unit management and other division personnel. External contacts include attorneys, customers, vendors and outside agencies.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined total of 5 years of higher education and relevant work experience in a call center or bank operations environment, inclusive of 2 years' work leadership experience.
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
Professional experience with the mortgage default process.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Demonstrated work leadership skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with the mortgage default mediation process. Location
Getzville, New York, United States of America