Full Time - 35 hours per week
This person has the responsibility for all daily food preparation, food distribution, waste management, and cleanliness of kitchen facility, dishes etc.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily monitor and report the temperatures of the food, refrigerator and freezer.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, lunch and snack
- Monitor temperatures of food
- Verify, organize and plan menus a week ahead
- Sanitize and organize the kitchen; this includes microwave, refrigerator, and cabinets.
- Responsible to report any concerns with the temperature of the food received
- Responsible for making sure foods are sufficient and available for service in a timely manner.
- Sanitize utensils and dishes used during meals
- Accountable for inventory ensuring proper sanitation and disposal, and ordering food products
- Receive and organize materials received in the pantry.
- Supply the classrooms and the multipurpose room with the supplies necessary.
- Monitor monthly calendar for events or activities that require any food service material.
- Adheres to the CACFP Guidelines for food handling, and nutrition guidelines as well as sanitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PQI Functions:
- Ensure the consistent accurate collection of the data
- Identify patterns and trends of administrative services
- Use results of data to inform supervisor of trends that may impact services
- Minimum H.S. Diploma or GED for this position.
- Knowledge of proper and safe food handling, sanitation and safety procedures, i.e. proper food temperatures, and preparation guidelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/multi ethnic environment.
Catholic Charities offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health: Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
For a Secure Future: Life, AD&D and Long-term disability insurance
For Retirement: 403(b) Plan, with employer matching contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement: Training and development opportunities and for Licensed Clinicians ability to apply for the education Loan Forgiveness Program under The National Services Health Corp.
For Work Life Balance: Generous paid time off; including vacation and sick time.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Free and confidential counseling
Catholic Charities Inc., Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance with all applicable discrimination laws. All hiring, promoting, and transferring is done on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to membership in any protected class. EEO/ AA/ M-F/ VET/ DISABLED.