The Opportunity | Engineering Supervisor
The Engineering Supervisor will supervise a small team in addition to designing, documenting, and fabricating solutions for TCG's tactical data link radio interfaces at our Tewksbury facility. With a proven engineering background, the Engineering Supervisor will bring a wealth of technical knowledge to this opportunity plus the desire to ensure their teams success.
Currently, Link 16 radios dominate TCG's radio interface solutions; it is foreseeable that TCG will provide interface solutions to other radios as well. In addition to design, this position requires the Engineering Supervisor to provide manufacturing guidance in the introduction of new radio interface solutions, or for the improvement of existing solutions. Examples of potential improvements include hardening, modernizing or reducing size/weight of TCG's current solutions.
- Design electrical and mechanical enhancements to TCG's current radio interface solutions
- Supervise and assist with fabrication of radio interface solutions (e.g. Link 16 Terminal Housing Cases)
- Supervise TCG's fabrication lab including analyzing and planning space requirements and utilization of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Supervise a small team (2-3) engineers
- Maintain design documentation for current and new product launches
- Participate in the selection of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to TCG's specifications and quality standards
- Supervise fabrication of outsourced equipment
- Work with engineering department to integrate quality control procedures
- Work with engineering, configuration management, and purchasing departments to ensure all product and system requirements are adhered to, from the initial product conception to the finished product
- Mentor junior engineers
- Partner with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Local travel estimate is one off-site integration per month
- Ability to travel (2-3 weeks per year) is required
- BSEE/BSME or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience working on all stages of product development
- Experience with system level design including circuit design, mechanical design, schematic generation, system bring-up, integration and debug
- Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with at least one major CAD software tool
- Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a US Security Clearance
- System, process or procedures knowledge
- Working with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Familiarity with firmware development for 8-bit and 32-bit Atmel, TI, Microchip, NXP or any ARM processor
- Experience with SPICE modeling software such as LTSPice, Multisim, etc
- Experience with analog circuit design
- Knowledge of manufacturing workmanship standards
- Knowledge of basic AC circuits
- Familiarity with design codes (IEEE, NEMA, UL, NEC,and/or ANSI, PCBs, and FCC standards for circuits)
- Experience with wire harness manufacturing and engineering including cable and harness design, harness builds, fit checks
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled