Are you looking for a new challenge within engineering? Maybe this job as Engineering Model Maker in Berlin, CT is for you!
The ASSA ABLOY Group is the global leader in access solutions. Our offering covers products and services related to openings, such as locks, doors, gates and entrance automation solutions. This also includes expertise in controlling identities with keys, cards, tags, mobile and biometric identity verification systems. We offer growth and development-oriented work environments and competitive salary and benefits. Under the direction of supervision, this position will work independently to support engineering initiatives. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has a high level of mechanical aptitude.
As an Engineering Model Maker you will be working with our new and existing products supporting product engineering designs, test lab apparatus designs and modifications. You will be working in an organization/department that is dynamic and fast paced, with many possibilities to make a difference and add value to the business. The team members are open and result oriented, always looking out for each other as well as working to reach the goals for the company. Everyone is important to building the success.
What you will be doing
You will be working in a combined model shop/test lab environment and must be able to communicate with product engineers, test engineers and test technicians to facilitate engineering and test apparatus design. You will be performing the following tasks and other related tasks:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and apply knowledge to modeling component parts and assemblies
- Interface and consult with designers and engineers in a professional manner.
- Execute tasks with the use of milling machines, lathes, surface grinders, hardness testers, CNC machining, and measuring devices
- Make setups and fabricate fixtures for machining operations
- Work with a wide variety of materials including metals, plastics, and wood
- Practice safe handling of machinery and materials to prevent harm to oneself and others
- Assist with engineering testing to support production, new product development, and quality assurance
What we are looking for
We think that you have 5 years + experience or formal education from a technical trade school with the use of machine tools, hand tools, measuring instruments and CNC experience. You have knowledge of Computer Aided Machine (CAM) G-code programming and having Master Cam and Solid works experience is a plus.
Contact and application
Please apply at our website
'Let's open the doors to the future - together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?'