Kelly Engineering has a Direct Hire Opportunity with AMAZING benefits located in Lowell, MA NEC is a MUST This individual will program SEL protection relays and support Operation and Maintenance technicians in troubleshooting electrical failures of assets. In addition, the individual will effectively collaborate with a team of design engineers and project managers to design, review and approve electrical engineering scope of work for a wide range of commercial, government and utility solar PV projects ranging in size from 30kW to multi-MW. This person will provide technical oversight and expertise during design and construction of projects.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review development plan set and CD IFR with little oversight by Senior Electrical Engineer. Review should ensure the electrical portion of PV and storage systems comply with manufacturer, client, state electrical code and utility interconnection requirements.
- Perform site visit inspections at predetermined milestones with little oversight by Senior Electrical Engineer
- Create Construction Control Documents, review submittals, respond to simple RFI's with little oversight by Senior Electrical Engineer
- Assist Electrical Engineering team in continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist and support Preconstruction and construction teams
- Direct experience installing and troubleshooting PV systems
- Develop project-specific calculations and system modeling to verify or determine conductor sizing, short-circuit analysis, arc flash hazard, overcurrent coordination, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5+ years of PV experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- EIT with a path to PE certification
- Strong NEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design, including sizing and specifying electrical service equipment, transformers, metering equipment, protective relaying and/or overcurrent devices, cable, conduit, switchboards, and panel boards.
- Experience with performing load calculations, short-circuit, and coordination studies. SKM (or similar) software proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with utility networks and an ability to act as the main technical contact to utilities for interconnection approval of parallel generation systems.
- Experience drafting or reviewing engineering services contracts.
- Experience in SCADA and protection system design is preferred.
- Experience in medium voltage system design of 4kV to 35kV is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, design, and technical personnel as well as product vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Must be confident and possess the ability to substantiate code interpretations and mathematically prove design concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and lead meetings between clients, project engineers, code officials and third party consultants.
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.