We are seeking a Director of Optical Engineering for a key leadership role with our organization. This role is a full-time, permanant position in our Deer Park, NY office.
Our comapny provides high precision solutions that fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements for the Defense, Aerospace and Commercial industries, including such clients as Lockheed Martin, JPL, Raytheon and, Northrop Grumman Corporation . We are an innovative, precision-optical design and manufacturing company, developing unique technologies, in diverse applications such as Spectroscopy, Boresighting, laser tracking, military fire control, environmental monitoring and satellite ranging. Our optics are also extensively used in university research and science labs around the world.
- MS/BS in Opto-Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of optics and opto-mechanical best practices.
- Experience with optical tests such as interferometers, beam profilers, and metrology.
- Understanding of optical concepts such as ray aberrations, waves, diffraction, interference, Gaussian propagation, laser, imaging, etc.
- Willing to share expertise and train others to further the organization.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of lasers and ray tracing a plus.
- Able to analyze and synthesize complex or diverse information. Collect research data.