If you are an outgoing sales professional who thrives in managing business to business relationships and possess a competitive spirit, then come join our team at Benchmark Senior Living! We are seeking an outstanding Director of Business Development is to provide hands on sales expertise to multiple Benchmark communities in the Northern Fairfield/Southern New Haven County by generating qualified professional referrals through external sales for Benchmark communities. The primary role of the position will function as external account manager for major professional referral sources. The position also will assist with internal sales efforts, participate in community stand up meetings and be an integral part of each communities' sales team. The overall objective is to maximize revenue and occupancy opportunity within an assigned cluster.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop business-to-business relationships with these referral sources which result in a steady stream of quality referrals
- Manage major accounts as identified in the quarterly sales and marketing plans on behalf of Benchmark. Major accounts are defined as professional referral sources that have the ability to refer to Benchmark communities
- Continually prospect for new referral sources
- Assist and help manage referrals with communities to assure follow up and positive experience for prospects
- Gather competitive data and maintain a detailed competitor comparative analysis including rates, apartment sizes, services and amenities. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the cluster against the competitors
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining a 90-day Marketing Action Plan for each community within the cluster, in conjunction with other sales associates, Executive Director (ED), and Regional Sales Director.
- Develop and manage a book of business for the assigned cluster. (Book of business is defined as a list of 20 to 40 major professional referral sources/ accounts. Accounts are to be called on monthly and produce referrals that move into Benchmark communities)
- Assures that occupancy and sales productivity goals are consistently met for individual and for the cluster
- Conduct tours with professionals on a regular basis and prospective residents and their families, and personally close new sales on an as needed basis
- Implement, monitor and promote resident referral programs to generate new referrals
- Maintain flexible schedule so as to be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary otherwise is a Mon-Fri position.
- Be able to travel daily with some overnight as needed.
As an Account Manager for Benchmark Senior Living, you must be adept at relationship building, diligent and goal oriented with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional requirements of the Account Manager include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 3-5 years of proven sales/account management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possessing a driver's license, insurance and reliable vehicle
- Ability to speak intelligently about our services