Desktop Support AnalystCompensation:
Explaining intricate technical information to the non-technical user is an essential skill for this position. Driven individuals who are most productive in an active and positive environment will be the best fit for this position. If you think you have these qualities, Robert Half Technology has a Desktop Support Technician role that may be the position for you. If you are a motivated candidate with effective problem-solving abilities, we encourage you to apply. This Desktop Support Analyst role is long-term temporary-to-full-time in nature and is remote until offices open back up in the Utica, New York, area.
- Administer computer desktop support in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Be in contact regularly and effectively with ticket submitters
- Settle computer problems, and offer suggestions on appropriate action/solutions
- Develop records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
- Organize hardware repairs with the appropriate vendors
- Support, examine, and repair computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Give support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problemsJob Requirements:
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals - Hardware & software installation experience highly desired - Basic Troubleshooting experience, including network connectivity, peripheral devices, and more - Foundational knowledge in Desktop Operating Systems - Customer Support experience - Deep understanding of Desktop Support - 1+ years of desktop support or other related experience
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.