$150000.00 to $165000.00 yearly
The ideal candidate for this position is driven by high expectations. The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Candidates who would be excited to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to join a successful Professional Services company as a Controller. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Stamford, Connecticut region. Planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff will be essential for this role. In this role, it will be critical for you to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. Do you want exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth? This is a good position for you.
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
For immediate consideration send your resumes to Job Requirements:
Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- General ledger experience desired
- CPA or MBA preferred
- High attention to detail
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
For immediate consideration send your resumes to
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.