$120000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
You might be a good fit for this position if you are driven by high expectations. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Robert Half Finance seeks a Controller to become a part of a successful company and take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Danbury, Connecticut region. To succeed in this role, you will need to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. In this role, it will be critical for you to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. The company provides exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
How you will make an impact
- Reviews deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effectiveJob Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Sage Accounting Software experience desired
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.