Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation's largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, engaging and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of their ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or worldviews.
Job Description Summary:
A RN Clinical Coordinator, Nursing is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services under a physician's plan of care and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Option Care, the state's professional standards, and regulatory entities. The RN Clinical Coordinator, Nursing is responsible for providing and overseeing complete patient assessment, care planning, patient and caregiver education, evaluating progress toward goals and recommendations for changes in the plan of care. The RN Clinical Coordinator, Nursing has obtained or will obtain within one year of his or her employment, a nationally recognized certification. His or her additional competencies allow for independence in the practice of the specialty and position the RN Clinical Coordinator, Nursing to train and oversee pertinent competencies. Clinical competency is maintained by providing direct patient care 20-40% of the time. In a Medicare Certified Home Health agency, this position may also serve as the alternate administrator and or alternate director of nursing.
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of patient care, including, when appropriate, in home evaluations of field staff. Reviews and monitors appropriateness of Nursing Care Plans and directs the staff to modify the plan as needed.
- Determines suitability of patients for home care.
- Acts as Administrator and/or Director of Nursing of the Home Health Agency for Medicare certified home health agencies in the absence of a Director or Manager of Nursing.
- Manages daily activities with regards to effective operations and communications and ensures the office remains in compliance with all regulating and accreditation entities. Complies with reporting requirements, ensures policy and procedure compliance and monitors and evaluates medical supply usage. Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting nursing operational and financial data to the general manager.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and participates in office specific continuing education and orientation programs. Supports the development and implementation of the Plan of Care for each patient.
- Assists the General Manager and/or the Director of Nursing in the recruitment, development and monitoring of new staff. Coordinates and participates in on-call responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
- Participates as a member of or directs the professional advisory committee, infection prevention and process improvement teams, including conducting chart audits. Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates to the Director of Nursing or General Manager.
- Speaks knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available through Option Care. Description of available services is accurate. Provides support to sales professionals and general manager. Meets with managed care organizations and other accounts to facilitate education regarding available services.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with a license in the current state of practice and at least 2 years of home health/infusion care experience or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a hospital or home health care setting.
- Required certification in CPR.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Member of a state or national professional organization.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver's license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Experience applying knowledge of local, State, Federal, accrediting body, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary. Requirements:
Management Requirements: At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Travel Requirements: Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- BSN with CRNI or other professional certification.
- At least 2 years of management experience in home health care setting.
- Experience with documentation and billing requirements for home health/ infusion care goods and services.
- Experience in the clinical management of home infusion patients including Patient management skills, the Nursing Process, The rules of Federal, state and local regulatory entities that oversee and control the provision of care in a Home Health Agency.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.