Chemistry Manager- Melville NY 11747 Permanent position About the position:
- Provides operational, technical, and administrative leadership to the Chemistry Department through management, planning and allocation of resources.
- The Chemistry Manager manages a departmental staff that conducts testing on foods and ensures the reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the results.
- Must have extensive experience in analytical chemistry, QC, QA and management skills.
- Develop and validate testing methods.
- Knowledgeable with LIMs and ISO 17025.
- Degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
- Food testing preferred but not required
- Coordinate all relevant QC records pertaining to the calibration, validation and maintenance of equipment, and the continuous training of employees and maintain all quality management records for the Chemistry department.
- Consistently produce accurate results focusing on both test results and time consideration/expectations. Effectively manage the Chemistry staff relating to performance management. Coach and mentor staff to facilitate their personal and professional growth.
- Ensure all results consistently stand up to internal and external audit standards and criteria. Develop, measure, and maintain processes to increase accuracy of testing and turnaround time. Ensure appropriate equipment and technical resources are provided and maintained for the work done in the department.
- Ensures execution of the QA/QC programs and ISO requirements with regard to all operations and documentation requirements.
Client interaction responsibilities:
- Effectively interact with clients to understand client issues and manage client expectations relating to the testing process, format of results and time frames for completion.
- Ensure all tests are performed as per the clients' expectations and interacts with them to provide test results and recommendations. Effectively communicate with clients on samples provided. Including communicating with governmental agencies such as the FDA and USDA to explain test results on behalf of the client.
- Review and validate results and final reports prior to issuance to clients.
- BS degree in Chemistry or Food Science. MS Degree in Chemistry a plus
- 7-10 years technical lab experience. At least 5 years of management experience
- Knowledge ISO 17025. Experience in broad food testing.
- Proven ability to develop, adapt, and validate testing methods.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.