Title: Business Analyst (Core Banking Platform)LOCATION:
REMOTE POSITION w/ up to 50% TravelDURATION:
6 months project with a probable extensionJOB DESCRIPTION:
Financial client is looking for a Business Analyst with hands on Core Banking including IRA's, Deposits
, etc experience who will work as a key member on an implementation team through all project phases from initial requirement gathering through to postproduction support. Responsible for gathering and documenting clear and accurate business requirements, configuring the solution, planning and organizing project responsibilities related to implementation of the system(s), conducting client training/workshops, and executing/leading implementation testing efforts. Works effectively and efficiently with clients, both in-house and outsourced. Detail oriented while also able to view configuration of the solution in the broader, larger scope of business requirements and financial services. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers and documents client business requirements by leading or participating in sessions.
- Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operation.
- Assists in resolution of business issues in an effective and productive manner.
- Designs, documents and re-engineer's business processes
- Identifies best practices and suggests how to improve current practices
- Translates business requirements into configuration approach or alternatively, identifying gaps.
- Supports critical project deliverables including the configuration of the solution.
- Builds strong solution expertise coupled with a solid knowledge of banking & accounting to assist & guide client in streamlining processes and procedures.
- Documents and performs system configuration with focus on triggering loan & deposit account events (i.e. interest accrual, interest posting, account maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases managing system and back office processing (i.e. End of day processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation).
- Writes, executes and coordinates BA verification activities.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert on assigned application(s).
- Participates in client meetings.
- Assists PMO in the identification of risks, issues, and scope as well as helping to manage & set client expectations.
- Adheres to project plans, ensuring that projects are completed on time or alternatively, communicating those tasks that can't be completed with detailed explanation and mitigation strategy.
- Researches, tests and logs system defects reported by the implementation team or client.
- Participates in testing of software release.
- Communicates effectively at multiple levels within organization as well as the client.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.Qualifications:
- A minimum of four years of experience working in a banking or financial environment.
- Must be self-motivated and have analytical research skills
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Banking implementation project experience with client facing responsibilities
- Must have the ability to be at a computer/computer screen for extensive periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, detail, correctness and deadlines.
- Must have the proven ability to handle and organize multiple deliverables and deadlines.
- Must have ability to travel as needed
- Knowledge of financial services industry, including knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at