Aerotek is currently hiring for a BIM designer for a company located in the Capital Region that specializes in advance technology, life sciences and pharmaceuticals.
- Establish and articulate short and long-term 3-D BIM and CAD goals and priorities.
- Interpret, organize and execute assignments requiring an advanced technical knowledge of VDC principles and practices.
- Review client BIM Execution Plan (BEP), construction documents, and submittals. Highlight any changes in material between kick-off meeting and approved submittal.
- Be prepared to attend meetings, run internal clashes, execute past issue resolutions. It is extremely important that the VDC Designer / Detailer attends all meetings.
- Create 3D models and coordinate with client and other trades on an ongoing basis.
- Generate Isometrics, plan view drawings, and supports drawings for fabrication and installation.
- Maintain log file of all the drawing files (PDF) created on an on-going basis.
Interact with Field Foreman, other trades and subs for coordination.
- Assist BIM lead in documentation and creation of real time as-builts.
- Experience within Mechanical, or Piping/Plumbing discipline
- Navisworks (Preferred, but can be trained)
- Autodesk Revit
- Industrial Process Piping Experience (preferred)
- Prefer somebody who worked in the trade and moved into design
- Process pipping
- BIM Coordinating
- 3D Modeling
- Contractor Management
These are immediate needs, interested candidates please reach out to Ashley Schingo at and send an updated resume
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.