Provides quality services to customer vehicles in the areas of inspection, diagnosis and repair utilizing the expertise attained through ASE Certifications and/or years of automotive repair experience. Provides explanations as necessary of needed repairs to employees and customers in a courteous and friendly manner. Minimizes customer complaints through the provision of thorough yet time-effective repair services. Able to work independently of others, while also assisting collaboratively with peers. Ensure that shop equipment is maintained in top working condition, and adheres to shop safety and environmental practices. Operates equipment and customer vehicles safely and responsibly. Must carry a valid drivers license. As a Technician, you will diagnose and repair automotive systems. Activities include:
- Assisting other technicians in performing technical activities where necessary.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications - brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses, needed service and repairs to non-mechanical individuals, which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized and neat bay area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. ASE Certifications and/or years of automotive repair experience.
- Positive demeanor and the ability to relate well with other employees and customers.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs, including the use of appropriate power and diagnostic tools.
- Progresses to the position, Lead / Senior Technician.