At GHD Digital, our team of experts provide digital solutions and services to our clients and communities. As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your chosen field, as well as help shape the course of our business and industry.
Our Syracuse, NY
office is looking for an Automation Engineer Intern
to learn from GHD's Digital Solutions team. You will work alongside expert engineers and be part of our growing team, contributing to new and exciting projects throughout North America. You will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, which means good communication and interpersonal skills are important. Finally, you will have the unique opportunity to explore different PLC, SCADA, and HMI projects and identify what an Automation & Controls Engineer at GHD does on a day-to-day basis. Your day-to-day responsibilities in this role will include:
For success in this position, you will bring the following skills and qualifications to GHD:
- Assisting with the setup and configuration of computer workstations in preparation for SCADA software
- Installing and performing the base configuration of various SCADA, alarm notification, and reporting software
- Run tests on existing SCADA system software
- Performing review of contractor shop drawing submittals
- Participating in facility tours and the development and maintenance of punch lists
- Maintenance of team standards, files, and databases
- Design control system networks and instrumentation systems
- Learning automation and process control software development packages and techniques
Our commitment to you
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering or related field
- A basic understanding of the field of automation, including the purpose of PLCs, Ethernet networks, cyber security, level/pressure/flow/analytical instrumentation
- Enthusiasm for learning about and experiencing an engineering consulting environment
- Ability to provide feedback and recommend alternative options on project tasks
- An interest and ability to develop and refine technical skills throughout the internship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD digital does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD digital provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD digital?
Why waste a single day doing work that isn't an investment in your future? At GHD digital, you will join a team of passionate individuals, many of them leaders in their field, who are also the owners of our business. This ownership is what sets us apart.
It means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It is also what drives our commitment and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
If this is the kind of investment you would like to make with your talent, join us, and take control of your career and your future. About GHD digital
GHD digital builds on the GHD network of more than 10,000 people, to help companies across the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation unlock the potential of digital technologies to generate value for their businesses.
Addressing the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution, GHD digital delivers a suite of professional services including digital strategy and transformation, smart technology solutions, digital innovation, cybersecurity and digital risk, and data and analytics. We actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.