Apply for this job now
Associate Scientist -Histology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 13 Sep 2020
Apply for this job now
Location: Cambridge, MA
Title: Associate Scientist -Histology
Duration: 12 Months (Possible extension)
Client is a rapidly growing biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA focused on the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics. Our core pathology services within the Department of Early Development (eDEV) is expanding to meet the needs of our developing R&D organization. We have a full-time contract position opening in our immunohistochemistry laboratory. The initial appointment is 12 months and may be renewed. Primary responsibilities are performing automated staining including immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization. Assistance in other areas of the histology laboratory on an as-needed basis also is expected. High quality data generation, attention to detail, willingness to learn new techniques, problem-solving and strong communication skills are essential aspects of the position. In addition, this role will involve data entry and operational activities in the pathology laboratory including, but not limited to, entry and/or sample archiving and establishment and maintenance of laboratory metrics in our new program management tool.
• BS in life sciences and/or 5 years in a histology laboratory.
• Demonstrated ability performing IHC and/or ISH.
• Experience in biotechnology or CRO-based pathology laboratory setting.
• Experience with Ventana, Valent or other automated immunostainers
• Experienced with ACD RNAscope.
• Experience with data entry
• Experience collecting and reporting laboratory metrics
• Solid report writing skills.
• Perform IHC and ISH (e.g. RNAscope) under supervision of lab manager
• Perform data entry and sample archiving
• Enter and report pathology laboratory metrics in Microsoft Program Management
• General laboratory assistance including ordering and receiving of lab supplies, preparation of reagents, and histology lab equipment maintenance
• Assist with other histology duties including trimming, embedding and/or sectioning when needed
• Maintain regulatory compliance, SOPs, incident reporting and training
• Identify operational and technical problems and maintain equipment
• Closely collaborate with other members within the research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
• Show attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Job Reference: 173891064-2
- Date Posted: 13 September 2020
- Recruiter: Integrated Resources, Inc
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent