The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the overall management and world-class engagement of associates and customers in the store. The Store Manager manages the daily operations of the store and ensures the execution of company policies, procedures and programs to achieve store sales and profit goals. The Store Manager's role is to manage and supervise the Customer Experience.
The Store Manager is expected to spend the large majority of his or her time exclusively on the management and supervision of the store. The Store Manager's primary responsibilities in managing and supervising the store include the following:
- Direct and manage execution strategies and tactics to achieve store sales goals.
- Direct and manage store execution strategies to achieve gross margin goals
- Operate the store at A or B level consistently. Spend a minimum of 80% of time on the sales floor monitoring the store and supervising and directing Team Members to ensure compliance to standards and effective execution of company operating procedures and programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, performance management, corrective action and retention of Department Managers and Team Members.
- Achieve store expense plan.
- Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Shrink and Margin Awareness.
- 3 plus years of retail management experience.