The Fresh Market & You:Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!About the Position:
Do you have a passion for food? Are you committed to delivering a excellent experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Assistant Store Manager, you are an ambassador of the store, demonstrating excellent hospitality for both guests and team members. In conjunction with the Store Manager, you will help strengthen team engagement, maximize team productivity, and play a role in driving business results.What You'll Do:
- With the Store Manager, you are a store ambassador and leading example of exemplary hospitality to our guests and team members; educating team members and guests on products and services to provide meal solutions
- Create and manage team schedules with the store manager, aligning with guest shopping hours to ensure guests receive an excellent shopping experience
- Assist in analyzing sales reports, P&L reports, and other metrics to make and execute business decisions and design plans that drive business success
- Assist in forecasting and maintaining store teams by collaborating with Store Manager and Talent Acquisition in the sourcing, selecting, and hiring of new team members
- Assist the store manager in partnering with the Guest Services Manager provide team members a hospitable orientation and onboarding experience team members
- Assist with the training of the team through The Fresh Market Academy and "on-the-job" training to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Coach team members to optimize operations and further team development and increase retention
- Assist in managing the store, inventories and teams for effective minimization of product loss
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh Market standards and policies
- Manage the store's social media presence, following The Fresh Market guides and standards
- Partner with store and department managers to enhance teamwork and team engagement
- With store manager, ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols including food safety per TFM policies, and per law.
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
At a minimum, what you'll need:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5-7 years of retail experience and at least years in a leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with team members, management, and guests
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Ability to read, understand, and follow policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree
- Perishable, Hospitality and/or Grocery Retail experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Experience in Applicant Tracking Software (iCIMS preferred)
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.