Assistant Construction Project Manager
To support Client's Transmission Maintenance group. This person will primarily focus on taking maintenance projects that and move them through the client's process until projects are fully authorized and funded. This person needs to be involved (to a lesser degree) during construction of those projects. T&D experience is a must for this position (cannot be offset)
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to build client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist in the development of internal and external project risk reviews with the Project Management team and consult with the Legal Department as required.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan. Contribute to the negotiation, approval and execution of multiple types of prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Develop the project plan for site mobilization and demobilization and support the Construction Manager or Site Manager with implementation.
- Secure applicable project permits required for the project.
- Support development of and coordinate the potential bidders' registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project team.
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP), support detailed scope of work development, bid and selection process, creation of contract documents for the purpose of subcontractor and client contractor selection and award.
- Support the implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases, and design changes.
- Execute downstream contract administration, including Request for Information (RFI's), submittals, meeting minutes, change management, and claims mitigation.
- Support project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structures, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking processes.
- Prepare information for and report project status, risks, schedule, costs, and cash flows at project and corporate level meetings to internal and external stakeholders. Develop and distribute meeting minutes as needed.
- Support the Prime Contract, subcontract, client contractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Establish, review and implement the project documentation and filing systems and processes.
- Absolutely requires 4-8 years+ of experience surrounding Transmission & Distribution Construction either on project management, construction management, or engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of aviation, commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transmission & distribution, transportation, or water is preferred.
Please apply if you see fit and pass along to others who may be interested as well.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.