$120000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for an achievement-oriented Assistant Controller to join a well-respected Professional Services company. One of the Assistant Controller's tasks include supervising the accounting staff and reporting updates to the Controller. Candidates who possess a proven ability to identify issues and resolve problems, might be interested to apply their talents to this challenging Assistant Controller position. Don't wait - apply today! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Westport, Connecticut area.
- Backfill for Controller as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Secure regular account reconciliation to completion
- Draw up numerous procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Advanced preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Foster accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Promote to ensure a competent, trained staff through regular assessment, development, and goal setting
- Analyze and create Ad Hoc financial reports
- Mark and expand process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Formulate relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like actual spend against budgets/outlook, key financial metrics, and the monthly flash report
- Aid with the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Direct the accounting team during the closing process to secure deadlines are met
- Uphold implementation and warrant adherence to accounting policies and proceduresJob Requirements:
- Profound knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Prior accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- CPA a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Deep technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.