When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
In a Retail bank branch, proactively sells the bank's products and services to existing customers and prospects, guides the sales efforts of the platform team, ensures superior customer service levels, and manages the daily operations. Incumbent will balance policy and procedure with appropriate judgement, makes management decisions that are mutually beneficial to the bank and the customer.
- Under the direction of the branch manager, assists with the daily management of a large banking office, typically defined as having over $100 million in deposits and/or a staffing complement of 10.0 or more FTE.
- Responsible for achievement of personal sales goals, and proactively guiding the sales activities of the platform staff toward achievement of branch goals. Through tested techniques, engage in sales and service coaching sessions with sales staff.
- Responsible for daily branch operations to include overdraft management, vault management, branch schedules, the opening and closing of the office, and other such duties. Responsible for branch's adherence to audit/compliance requirements.
- Manages customer service levels within the branch, adhering to established guidelines.
- Consistently applies Human Resource policy for routine aspects of management, and as performance issues arise. May prepare and deliver performance appraisals for subordinates as directed by Branch Manager.
- Expected to have / gain full understanding of the teller function.
Education and Experience:
- One-to-two years of management experience in a retail banking environment required, preferably in the role of Assistant Branch Manager.
For incumbents who have tenure with the bank, must have a history of solid sales, service and any applicable management successes.
- Incumbent may enter this position with annuity / insurance licence(s) (series 6 / 63) - but if not, may be expected to obtain it/them within six months of hire.
- Associates / Bachelors degree prefered
- Incumbent must have the ability to work independently, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Individual should be an outgoing self-starter and be technically literate.
- Basic business acumen and professionalism is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the products and services offered by the bank.
- Must retain and build upon product knowledge base as a member of the division's management team.
- Should have an understanding of the "big picture" in banking - i.e. answers to questions like:
How does a bank make money?
What makes a product profitable?
- May be required to lift and/or move coin/currency bags weighing 25-30 pounds.