Performs a variety of operations to assemble and finish a range of types and sizes of plastic containers and other items from simple to complex designs.
What You'll Do:
- Works from engineering prints, bills of materials, assembly drawings, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs standard set up and lays out work area to assemble simple through complex builds.
- Picks parts and supplies from racks.
- Attaches hardware using fixtures. Cuts, trims, routs containers. Performs gluing, taping, flame treating and labeling operations. Notifies supervisor or others as appropriate of inspection failures, out of tolerance/specification situations.
- Performs pressure "Leak" testing, records results and determines leak cause for out of specification conditions. Reports out of specification conditions. Repairs, retests, and documents results on appropriate form.
- Performs repair operations. May be required to mask and paint containers.
- Performs inspection on finished configured containers and stamps as approved.
- Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Maintains daily production and other records as required.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Trains others.
What You'll Need:
- Must have advanced knowledge in assembly process.
- Must have the ability to operate power equipment and hand tools such as saws, drills routers and heat guns
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
Why Pelican? Here's a Glimpse of Pelican Perks...
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan - with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products - you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Beautiful New England location
- Onsite gym
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program - get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, drinkware, and more! Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.