WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings - architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management - to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics - "success" to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients' expectations to "Make a Difference."
The successful candidate will have a current focus on expanding our Architecture Practice opportunities with local state and municipal clientele including MBTA, MassDOT, DCAMM, Massport and to support our regional practice in CT and RI along with market-driven diversification in federal projects. This individual will work with multi-disciplinary and collaborative design teams. Applicants must demonstrate creative problem-solving, strong organizational skills, proven project management capabilities and a thorough technical understanding of construction documents, detailing, and constructability, including technical specifications and construction procurement.
- Architectural design for New England projects in coordination with regional teams
- Experience with accessibility and code compliance. Ability to support project pursuits
- Client management experience and effective verbal / graphical presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as the ability to direct others
- BS/BA in Architecture, or MS/MA in Architecture.
- Registered Architect (RA), NCARB certificate.
- 10 years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects beyond initial licensure, including well-developed skills in three-dimensional visualization and agency experience.
- Demonstrated Building Information Modeling (BIM) [Autodesk Revit Architecture 2018] AutoCAD proficiency, and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Strong graphic design, communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients and constructors.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.