Job Title: Advanced Systems Administration Specialist
Location: Taunton, MA
Job Description: Our client, a large defense contractor, has an immediate opening for an Advanced Systems Administration Specialist to work from their Taunton, MA facility. As an Advanced Systems Administration Specialist, you'll serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues by conducting systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Your duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users. You'll also be responsible for the day-to-day support of server services by performing server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems and configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware and network related interfaces on servers. And, you'll perform OS and vendor software patching on servers and monitor physical and virtual servers performance using monitoring tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. What you'll experience:
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of server based operating systems with Windows and Linux
- Enhanced troubleshooting skills within the server OS as well as both networking and storage technologies
- Working knowledge to create and run scripts to automate repetitive processes
- Familiarity with compliance controls: STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides), RMF (Risk Management Framework), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), NIST SP 800-171, Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Familiarity with developer tools : JIRA, Jenkins, Git Runner, Software Development Kits (SDK)s
- Scripting languages such as bash, Python, Ruby
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development