Join Our Team: You can be where you're needed. Overview:
ELDERWOOD AT AMHERST HAS ESTABLISHED A COVID-ONLY CARE CENTER:
The pandemic continues to be one of the most difficult challenges we have faced in our lifetime. Few know this better than our healthcare workers who have been there to answer the call to protect the most vulnerable among us since day one of the pandemic, this includes our non-clinical workers. Activity Department members are a critical part of daily operations inside our facility.
With COVID-19 cases surging in Western New York, Elderwood has responded by establishing a COVID-only care facility to provide an effective way to isolate and care for residents recovering from COVID-19 and mitigate the spread of the virus within other Elderwood senior care communities in Western New York.
As a COVID-only care center, the 92-bed Elderwood at Amherst facility will care for residents recovering from COVID-19 transferred from area Elderwood communities and discharged from area hospitals. This maximizes the effectiveness of isolation protocols in senior care facilities, allows them to allocate staff more efficiently, and decompresses demand on acute care beds in the region.
We are seeking a Full Time Activity Leader (we have a part time option too) - Position Overview:
- An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.
- This position requires a high level of energy and activity. We also seek out compassionate individuals who are detailed oriented. Comfort with technology and love for the elderly are a must!
- While establishing a COVID-only Care Center is a temporary measure, your employment with us is not! Full time and part time hires during this time are valued, permanent employees well beyond this COVID crisis.
- Includes Appreciation Bonus Compensation for your work inside a COVID-only Care Center
- There is opportunity for flexible scheduling; The department is open from 8a-8p.
- Shift availability will be discussed during pre-screen phone call.
Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent required.
Valid New York Driver's License and clean driving record required.
Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
Physical stamina for constant activity required.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.