MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Accounts Payable Specialists perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance of accounts payable transactions. This is a Full Cycle AP position ensuring the timely and accurate payment and distribution of invoices in accordance with company policies.
Our client is a growing law firm in New York City. They are seeking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to their existing team.
- Responsible for processing all incoming invoices, including expense reports and check requests.
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- Daily A/P data entry.
- Prepare account reconciliations and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inboxes, distribute invoices and correspondence accordingly.
- Perform Bank Reconciliations to assist in the month end close.
- AmEx reconciliations monthly.
- Processing of Travel & Expense invoices.
- Posting T&E expenses to the GL.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strong customer relation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Working from home until January 15th at earliest
- Temp-to-Perm or permanent opportunity
- Competitive salary package
- Optional benefits