MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The role of the Accounts Payable Coordinator involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Our client is a global leader in medical equipment manufacturing.
- Review all the invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance team to oversee implementation of associated systems and processes to improve to that level of performance.
- Establish visual management tools and determine the associate workflow to facilitate effective use and measurement of personnel, efficient and timely processing of trade payable vouchers and the related issuance of payments. Ensure the proper recording of such activity in the sub systems and the general ledger, correctly and efficiently.
- Monitor the compliance of company personnel in following appropriate purchasing and receiving procedures; recommend and/or implement changes as necessary.
- Over the proper completion of appropriate daily and monthly reconciliations of Accounts Payable sub system balance to the general ledger.
- Ensure invoice approval policies are in place and followed for various transaction types, such as matched, unmatching, recurring, EDI, p-cards, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the sales and use tax policy and procedures.
- Enter tax payments via the bank.
- Apply tax and wire payments promptly.
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience working in a consumer products organization, manufacturing strongly preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Ability to apply advanced analytical and critical thinking skills to daily work activities
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and internal control procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and good follow-through skills
- Research and resolve complex issues
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Competitive benefits and overall compensation package